Summer at Tambobo Bay

Summer at Tambobo Bay
oil on canvas

Search This Blog

Is this blog helpful to you?

Collections

www.bloomsartgallery.yolasite.com

Watercolors

Watercolors
$2.00 (handpainted notecards)

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

LOVE UNLIMITED

A Journey through Cancer
By Muffet Dolar Villegas
May 4,2008
Overflowing Love


Today, I want to count my blessings. I’m not sure if you will agree with me. Cancer is not only about pain or dying. Cancer also means finding life’s meaning and experiencing God’s blessings. We rejoice in small things like free air, sun, rain, flowers, beetles, ants, birds, friends, smiling faces, and most of all, kind people. The best things in life are actually free. We appreciate the days that we are out of hospitals that we can walk and dance and climb stairs, cook, do our laundry, or do other things that some people see as mundane and ordinary. It may not be a terminal illness that you go through or maybe worse than that, yet in the deepest of valleys, God seems to lend a special ear for prayers and He sends the best of His people to care for us.
Beside me, I watch an ant in my garden, climbing a wall carrying a grain of rice bigger than its size and falling many times and for the nth time it reaches the top. I can identify with this poor fellow. Sometimes this journey is tough, but life is worth fighting for.
I was discharged yesterday from Silliman University Medical Center after a medical procedure inside the operating room. My uterus has thickened and needed immediate attention. I have postponed this admission for many reasons. One is its barely three months ago that I have been through a surgical procedure and I thought my brain will be fried with anesthesia, not to mention what they say about chemo brain. Another is work commitment and of course the expenses and inconvenience for my husband. But in all these, once more, blessings came after blessings.
My bible study group, a small gathering of women I share God’s word every Tuesday with Nerisse, brought me my third birthday cake this April. SUMC people are kind and compassionate and true to their callings to serve. I thank my doctors and nurses for being patient and kind, even if I gave them a hard time finding a sturdy vein for IV insertion. Dr. Corazon Uy and Dr. Carmelita Vera Cruz didn’t charge anything for their services. Dr. Walden Ursus was kind to put up with my paranoia.
How do we measure God’s love and faithfulness? In times like these when we need Him the most is the best time His blessings flow. God’s hand is not short that He can’t reach us. His line is never busy. He works 24/7. His power is never out, and He is never early nor too late.
A Journey
By Muffet Dolar Villegas
May 11,2008

1 comment:

C.J. Adkins said...

Muffet,
I read with interest, your comments about your recent procedures at SUMC. Linda and I are praying for you regularly.
I will undergo my regular PET Scan and CT Scan at the Ashland Bellefonte Cancer Center one week from today. I am now 4 1/2 years into my journey with Cancer and the month between the scans and getting results from the doctor is a difficult time in limbo - hoping for another good report.
Only God knows, and I trust Him completely, whatever the outcome!
May God richly bless you and Pastor Andrew.